1. Is it ever too late to order? No, we take orders throughout the season. The price will be prorated if you start after the start date or wish to end before the end date.
2. How do I place my order? Order forms can be found CSA Order Forms Page Call or email us if you would like to adjust the start and end dates and we will prepare a prorated quote for you. Our email address and phone number is on the order form.
3. What sizes are available? There are 3 sizes, Small (4- 5 veg /week), Medium (6-8 veg /week) and Large (10-12 veg /week). Prices for each package is included on the order form – see questions #2 for a link to order forms.
4. How much food? Many couples find the medium package is a good size. It really depends on your eating habits though.
5. What do you mean by a “Vegetable”? Examples of what constitutes a “vegetable” as part of the 5,8,12 veg/wk are: a bunch of carrots, a bag of lettuce, a bag of spinach, a bunch of kale, 1 kg of root crops, a head of broccoli, a head of cauliflower, a basket of tomatoes, 2 small zucchini…
6. How do I make my choices? The vegetable pick-up is ‘market style’ so you select the vegetables you want from the seasonal vegetables that are available when you come to collect them every week. We will be providing recipes and suggestions to make this part of your day easier.
7. What if I miss a pick-up? Here are some options: 1. Send someone else to collect your food 2. Come to one of our other pick-ups, the Sackville Farmers’ Market or Dieppe Market on Saturday. 3. Talk to us about collecting extra vegetables on another week. Please note that unclaimed food is donated to a foodbank or a beneficiary of our choice.
8. What if I cannot pick up my vegetables for the entire duration of a package? If you wish to adjust the start and/or the end dates we will prorate the price of your basket to meet your needs.
9. How do the payments work? You are welcome to pay the entire sum at the beginning of the season or provide us with post dated cheques for payments spread throughout the season. We provide a notice a few days before we cash post dated cheques. If you are interested, but, these options do not work, please let us know and we can discuss something that is fair.
10. How do I make payments? We accept cash and cheques. Unfortunately, we are not set up to accept credit cards at this time.
11. Can I change the size of my basket during the season? You can change the size of your basket at any time, just let us know and we will calculate the cost difference between what you ordered and what you would like.
12. What if I am not sure I want to make a commitment for the entire season? You are welcome to do a trial package. Our minimum duration is 6 weeks and we will calculate the price based on what vegetables will be available during the “trial package”.